Marx, Marxism, and Related Topics
For Study Questions on the Marx Chapter in Ten/Twelve Theories
This page was last updated April 19, 2013.
Marx and Marxian Socialism
1. Marx, Preface to the Critique of Political Economy (1859).
2. Marx and Engels, The Communist Manifesto (1847) (contains link to the text and Study Questions)
3. Foster and Magdoff, What Every Environmentalist Needs to Know about Capitalism, Monthly Review vol. 61, no. 10, especially sections III and IV. There are no study questions as of yet for this article.
4. Lecture Notes on Marx for Fall 2013
5. Challenges to Marx and Marxian Socialism (together with Marxian Responses)
5a. Wilhelm Reich's Critique of a Gap in Marxist Thinking about the Future
6. The Working Day (added April 2012)
Anarchism aka Libertarian Socialism/Communism
Peter Kropotkin, Responses to Objections (from The Conquest of Bread, published in 1906)
Noam Chomsky, Notes on Anarchism (1970).
David Graeber, Anarchism or the Revolutionary Movement of the 21st Century (2004)
Recent Articles Related to Issues Important to Marx
Richard Kim, The Audacity of Occupy Wall Street (November 2011)
Juan Cole, Protest Planet: How an Economic Shell Game Created an Age of Activism (November 12, 2011)
Stephen Eric Bronner, Walking Wall Street (November 11, 2011)