2018 GRE Preparatory Class Information Update: The GRE class for October 3rd is on. My other meeting was just cancelled. See you today! No class on fall break week, though.
If you want to take my free GRE Prep class in the 2018-2019 school year, you've come to the right place. Classes will meet on Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 (arrive early - we'll try to start at 2:50) in GRH 3005 and will start the first week of the semester (August 29th). We will be done by late November. No classes during the week of fall break. Also, there may be a few other times I'll have to cancel classes due to another meeting that I have some Wednesdays. See you there.
- It's free. That's right, there is no cost for the course. I offer the course simply because I want you to succeed. Many of my students have enjoyed great success on the GRE.
- There is no registration, formal or informal. Just show up. Or not. It's up to you. The course is offered to help you learn, not to add a line to your transcript.
- The class meets once a week for about an hour and fifteen minutes. The class lasts approximately ten weeks. The first meeting of the series is a short information and Q&A session.
- I follow a text book for the class. There are many good books, but the one I prefer is the Princeton Review's Cracking the New GRE (2018 edition). It's available from any book store, including our beloved campus book store. You can, however, buy it anywhere. Amazon has cheap, used copies for sale. Last year's edition is perfectly fine.
- I only offer the class in the fall semesters. My spring schedule is too full to allow for a GRE class.
- Finally, if you miss a class, are late to a class, or need to leave a class early, that's your business. No need to tell me about it.