- What is the valuation basis for accounts receivable on the balance sheet? Explain.
- Explain the direct write off method of accounting for bad debts. Is this method an acceptable accounting procedure?
- What is the allowance method of accounting for bad debts?
- Explain the allowance method based on sales. What is it that is being estimated under this approach?
- Discuss the allowance method based on an analysis of accounts receivable?
- Why would there likely be a balance in the allowance for doubtful accounts prior to the current year's adjustment?
- Why would it be important to classify receivables as to source?.
Return to Review Questions
Return to Topical Outline
.Return to Contemporary Accounting Issues