Historical Development of Accounting:
- How early can record-keeping be traced?
- What is the first evidence of Double-entry bookkeeping?
- What was the impact of the religious crusades on the development of accounting?
- The partnership form of business had what influences on accounting?
- What was Pacioli's contribution to accounting development?
- What are Littleton's antecedents of double entry bookkeeping?
- What were the characteristics of accounting at the close of the fifteenth century?
- What effect did Adam Smith have on the development of accounting?
- What was the Industrial Revolution and what impact did it have on accounting?
- What is the "balance sheet theory of profit?"
- What influence did the development of the corporation have on accounting?
- What influence did the adoption of an income tax law have on accounting?
- What influence did governmental regulation have on the development of accounting?
Return to Review Questions
Return to Topical Outline
.Return to Contemporary Accounting Issues