Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- What are "generally accepted accounting principles?"
- Do APB Opinions, Accounting Research Bulletins, and Statements of Financial Accounting Standards constitute substantial authoritative support?
- Do departures from APB Opinions, ARBs, and FASB Standards have to be disclosed? Why or Why not?
- What does the phrase "substantial authoritative support" mean?
- What was the "House of GAAP?"
- What were the various levels of GAAP Hierarchy identified in FAS Statement No. 162?
- How did the Codification of Accounting Standards change the GAAP hierarchy?
Return to Review Questions
Return to Topical Outline
.Return to Contemporary Accounting Issues