Balance Sheet--General Concepts
- What information does the balance sheet contain?
- Is the balance sheet for a period of time or a point in time?
- By what other titles is the balance sheet known?
- What is the purpose of preparing a classified balance sheet?
- What is the difference between the account format and the report format of the balance sheet?
- What are the typical asset classifications in the balance sheet?
- What two classifications of liabilities appear on the balance sheet?
- Explain the various types of owners' equity accounts found in the balance sheet.
- Explain the nature and purpose of appropriated retained earnings.
- What terminology is used by the IFRS for the balance sheet?
- How does the presentation of items in the balance sheet differ under IFRS's?
Return to Review Questions
Return to Topical Outline
.Return to Contemporary Accounting Issues